Lion Joe Whittle, Lions Club of Kitchener

A place for Lions to leave messages and record information for Lions who have passed. Feel free to add your reminiscences and extra information.
Forum rules
Please only post replies to existing topics - do not create new memorial topics for a new individual (i.e. Do not use the "NEWTOPIC" button).
tdr-a15
Site Admin

Lion Joe Whittle, Lions Club of Kitchener

Post by tdr-a15 »

Nov 24, 2020
Picture of Lion Joe Whittle /></div></body></html>

Dwain "Joe" Richard Whittle
APRIL 14, 1941 – NOVEMBER 24, 2020

Obituary of Dwain "Joe" Richard Whittle
Passed away peacefully at home on Tuesday November 24, 2020.
Loved by his wife of 55 years Ann Whittle, sons Sean (Missy) and Jeff (Beth), and loving daughter Jenny. Beloved Papa to Jake, Erin, Ella, Jack, Henry, and Alec. Big brother to Vernon (Denise) Whittle and sister Heather. Loving uncle and great uncle to a large extended family.

Joe was an active member of the Lions Club of Kitchener for 40 years, with distinctions including past President and recipient of the Life Membership award. Many an Oktoberfest at the Lion's Altes Muenchen Haus at Queensmount arena ran smoothly under his guidance.

Joe was known throughout Kitchener and the surrounding area as the first to lend a hand (or tool!) to any friend in need. His love of country music and dancing will be fondly remembered. Joe enjoyed many years spending time with his family and friends up north fishing, riding ATVs, and laughing around a campfire. His booming laughter and enthusiastic singing voice will be missed. His knowledge and love of woodworking has been passed down to his grandchildren.

A celebration of life to share memories of Joe will be held at a later date. Donations in memory of Joe may be made to the Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides or to a charity of your choice.
tdr-a15
Site Admin

Re: Lion Joe Whittle, Lions Club of Kitchener

Post by tdr-a15 »

I am saddened to hear about the passing of Joe Whittle, a Kitchener Lion. I have no details to pass along but I think everyone should hear what he had to say about the Kitchener Lions. Message was sent by his wife Ann.
Hi Kevin. This message is from Joe and he would like you to share it with the club.

Lion Joe passed away this evening. He had asked me to write the following to you when he died.

He wanted to express his thoughts on how lucky he was when he answered a flyer in the mailbox some 40 years ago. He loved Lions and even through ups and downs he figures the Kitchener Lions Club is the best around. The fun years of conventions, hard work years of Oktoberfest and everything in between. The friendships formed are priceless. He was proud of everything your club accomplished, he was proud of the selflessness of each Lion, he was proud to be a Lion.

Ann
VDG2 Tony Davidson