Lion Janice Lajeunesse, Cambridge Highlands Lions Club

A place for Lions to leave messages and record information for Lions who have passed. Feel free to add your reminiscences and extra information.
Forum rules
Please only post replies to existing topics - do not create new memorial topics for a new individual (i.e. Do not use the "NEWTOPIC" button).
tdr-a15
Site Admin

Lion Janice Lajeunesse, Cambridge Highlands Lions Club

Post by tdr-a15 »

January 18, 2022
Picture of Lion Janice Lajeunesse /></div></body></html>

Janice Noreen Lajeunesse was born in Galt and raised in Hespeler by her parents, Melville and Noreen Barfoot. She was the middle child in the Barfoot family with older brother, Oren and younger sister, Kendra.

After high school she trained to be a nurse. She started working at St. Luke’s Place when it opened and served there for over 40 years. She was married to André and they had 2 sons - Melville and Nathan.

Janice was her sons’ biggest cheerleader and fearless advocate. This extended to her daughters-in-law, Rebecca and Jennie and granddaughters, Lyra, Mari, Silver, Maddie and Arwyn. She encouraged everyone (including the St. Luke’s Place residents she served) to be the best version of themselves.

A special song from Janice and André’s wedding was called “The Servant Song”. Some of the lyrics are “Let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you; pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant too.” Janice’s life was filled with service: serving her family; serving seniors; training service dogs; serving as a member of the Lion’s Club; active participant in minor hockey, baseball and football; serving the Hespeler community; and coordinating special events at St. Luke’ s Place as a volunteer as well as an employee.

Family was important to her. She was the “organizer” of fun family activities - games and crafts. When the extended Barfoot family gathered, there were always activities led by Janice.

She was always there with a helping hand or a kick in the pants depending on what was needed. Her caring and generous spirit came out in practical ways whether it was a listening ear, wise counsel or her latest shopping bargain.

Janice will be missed.

If you would like to make a memorial donation, please do so to Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides or St. Luke’s Place. Donations can be arranged through Lounsbury Funeral Home.