Clothing Service

A forum to discuss anything about Lions, at the District or Club level. Please be polite and helpful.
PDG Karen

Clothing Service

Post by PDG Karen »

Some of you already do this I'm sure, but perhaps instead of always giving our good used clothing to the Salvation Army, or the Diabetes Association, (both very worthy causes) we could collect them from family and friends and donate clothing to a Shelter? I'm sure babies to teenagers clothing would be greatly appreciated.

On another slant, The St. Marys Lions have maintained a Koats for Kids program every November for some years now. We take donations in, our local Cascade Cleaners cleans them, and we find a vacant location (donated) downtown that people can come and go between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. It seems to be well used, and whatever is left over goes to a Shelter. We don't just receive children's coats either, and we get boots and hats, mitts, and scarves donated too.

And on one more note, If I could sew, I'd love to take clothing and cut it up for quilting squares. A warm quilt on a cold night with a tiny Lions logo stitched on one corner, would be a wonderful way to remember a very welcome service.