Club Service Projects for LFC

Forum for the discussion of all things related to Lions Foundation of Canada and Dog Guides.
rc51-a15

Club Service Projects for LFC

Post by rc51-a15 »

Continuing with DG Lion Tim’s Theme “A Wake in Service” I would like pass along some ideas that will help your Clubs either continue or to create new “Service Projects” that in turn will benefit the Lions Foundation of Canada but at the same time, keeping Club expenditures to a “no cost level” or “minimal cost” level.
1) Organize a Walk for Dog Guides or a Dog Bowl Bowling Tournament. Neither have to cost the club anything if you can seek support from others. These are fun activities which will bring a focus not only to the Lions Foundation of Canada but to our Lions service within our own communities.
2) The Foundation always need items for their auctions. Imagine if every club member asked their neighbour, their favourite restaurant, hardware store, mechanic or their hairdresser. The Foundation auctions off items at their Open Houses as well as their Evening with Dog Guides, from a basket of cleaning supplies to a gift certificate for a haircut. That would help a great deal.
3) Fostering a Future Dog Guide is one great way to assist the Foundation. Just think of the service you are providing to help develop a puppy into a working Dog Guide that is going to provide independence and support to a disabled person, maybe even someone in your very own community. The Foster Puppy also brings a visual element of the Foundation of your Club and Community which has the great potential for dialogue discussing what we as Lions do as well as the Foundation.
4) Lions Clubs members can also volunteer with our Foundation, much of this takes place in Oakville but there is placements at our Breslau Breeding Facility, and who wouldn’t love to volunteer to cuddle puppies as they begin their journey to becoming a future Dog Guide.
5) A wonderful service project is your Lions Club to take the Memorial Donation forms to your local funeral homes so that loved ones of a person who has passed on may make a donation to LFC in their memory.
These are just a few examples of ideas for Service Projects for your Club members. I would be more than happy to assist you with any of these. I am always available to you.